VERSION DATE: 13 DECEMBER 2020
Cookies do not endanger the security of your computer.
We use strictly necessary, analytical, and marketing cookies. Except in the case of these strictly necessary cookies (needed for the proper functioning of our website), we ask your consent before we install these little data files.
More information about the cookies we use, how long we store them, and how you can deal with them can be found in our cookie statement.
Who are we?
Your personal information will be managed by GIP NV, an enterprise under Belgian law with registered office at Pont-West 106, 9600 Ronse, Belgium and enterprise number BE 0828 536 782.
GIP NV is the controller of your personal data. This means that GIP NV determines the purpose and the means for processing your personal information.
The leading supervisory authority
The Belgian supervisory authority is the leading authority for GIP NV. The Belgian data protection authority can be contacted at Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussel - +32 (0)2 274 48 00 / [email protected]
When does this policy apply?
If you use a website, attend a Kentucky Horsewear event, subscribe to direct marketing or accept the creation of a profile, you will be assumed to have read and accepted this policy and to be bound by it. All personal information collected by GIP NV during your visit to a shop, an event or a website will be handled in accordance with this policy.
GIP NV protects your privacy and acts in accordance with the provisions of the European General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR”).
Read this policy to learn more about how personal information is collected and processed by us through the website, at events and in the shops.
Who is protected by this policy?
This policy applies to the personal information obtained from our consumers (private), customers (business), suppliers and prospects and processed by GIP NV (see the section: "Who are we?")
This policy also applies when you visit our offices or websites, use our apps, take part in market research, surveys, competitions, promotions or events, or otherwise use our products and services. The personal information of former consumers and customers will also be handled with all due care and secured in accordance with this policy.
What personal information do we process?
- Information that you give us in shops and at events:
When completing a 'keep me informed’ card, please provide the following information: name, address, e-mail, date of birth, favourite shop, and telephone. You may be asked to complete the following information: size of your horse and date of birth. To attend one of our upcoming events, please provide the following information; name, address, e-mail, date of birth, favourite shop, telephone.
- Data that you provide to us by using our services:
You can also give us personal information by using our services: The personal data collected may include your name, address, sex, age, marital status, e-mail address, financial details, place of residence, fixed and mobile telephone number, quantity purchased and purchase history. This is the case when you place an order on the website, register as a customer, or subscribe to one of the following services: electronic newsletter, digital marketing or press information, when you call our customer service department or when you send us a letter or e-mail.
- Data that you provide to us by using our website:
What do we use your personal information for?
GIP NV processes your personal information for various purposes. In doing so we only process the data necessary to achieve the intended purpose.
We use your personal information when it is necessary to:
- process an order;
- supply the goods, services and/or information you have requested;
- provide you with information, goods and services offered through our website for invoicing and order processing;
- check and execute financial transactions relating to your payments;
- manage your account with us;
- check when downloading data from our website;
- measure and monitor the use of this website, and improve its quality and contents;
- adapt the contents and layout of this website;
- improve GIP NV’s products and services;
- organise and send invitations to our events;
- organise competitions;
- comply with the legal or regulatory provisions to which we are subject;
- send you general or direct marketing;
You can withdraw your consent at any time. Our contact details can be found under “How can you contact us?”
More information about our direct marketing activities:
GIP NV will only send you (personalised) communications if you have given your consent.
More information about our direct marketing activities:
GIP NV will only send you (personalised) communications if you consent to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. We may contact you in writing (1) at your home address; (2) by calling or texting you on the telephone numbers you have provided; or (3) by e-mail with information about events, promotions, campaigns, products, services and/or price requests. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, or if you do not wish your personal data to be processed for direct marketing purposes, you can unsubscribe at any time by sending an e-mail to [email protected].
How do we protect your personal data?
We work hard to protect your privacy and personal information in our offices and on our website. GIP NV uses a combination of technological and organisational measures to keep your data safe.
Our staff are trained in the proper handling of your personal information. In addition, any project involving the processing of personal information is subjected to an assessment of the security and protection of these data, taking account of your interests. Our internal information security policy, our security requirements and our management standards are also monitored and respected by our staff.
We also work with specialist staff who are responsible for the security of our network, infrastructure and information systems. In addition, we use a variety of technical measures to protect your personal information against unauthorised access or use and the loss or theft of our data, including password protection, firewalls, and antivirus and access controls for our staff. However, no method of transmitting or storing data is completely secure. Should a breach of your data occur with adverse consequences, you will be personally informed under the circumstances provided for by law. If you have any security questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected].
Do we share or sell your personal information?
We neither sell nor share your personal data with third parties without your prior consent, except:
- with companies legally bound to GIP NV and established in the European Economic Area. Your personal information is shared with these businesses for the same purposes as those mentioned in the policy. Under these circumstances, these companies qualify as joint controllers. You can request a list of these companies by sending an email to [email protected].
- with a legal successor taking over part or all of GIP NV;
- with recognised financial or banking institutions whose involvement is necessary for the smooth operation of the payment procedure;
- with credit reference agencies. We retain the right to request information from third parties, such as credit information agencies. We will use the information we have previously processed about you: (1) to deliver your goods or services; (2) to improve your purchasing experience; and (3) and to prevent fraud. If we make such a request, we will first notify you of our intention and whether any registration of the search will be included in a credit file;
- when we are legally required to do so, or if we believe that such a measure is necessary to prevent fraud or cybercrime or to protect the website or the rights, property or personal safety of any person. (We refer to the section “What do we use your information for?”);
- if it is necessary in order to provide you with our services. Some of our databases are made accessible or transferred to third parties working on our behalf who assist us to provide our products and services: for example, our commercial agents, independent retailers and our service providers in the field of web hosting, cloud services or maintenance services. In addition, several postal operators help us to deliver the parcels you order from us (DPD, Fedex, Bpost, PostNL, etc.). Your data will only be transferred for the purposes stated in this policy and only to the extent necessary to perform this contract. We ensure that they, like us, manage your information securely, respectfully and with all due care, and we offer sufficient contractual guarantees.
- we will only disclose your personal information on the basis of an assessment of your rights and freedoms, and you will always be informed in a transparent way about this data (except in the event of legal exemptions).
- if you give your consent.
For all cross-border transfers outside the European Economic Area, we ensure, by means of safeguards in the contract or other measures, that your data is given an adequate level of protection comparable with that applicable within the EU in accordance with European regulations.
We may also publish anonymised, aggregated statistics for marketing and internal/external reporting: for example, about visitors to our website in order to describe our services to potential partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes. These statistics will contain no information from which you can be identified.
Should you have any questions about the processing of your information by third parties, please contact GIP NV. Our contact details can be found under “How can you contact us?” Insofar as this processing goes beyond the purposes determined by GIP NV, the third party is fully responsible for such processing and GIP NV cannot be held in any way responsible or liable.
What are your privacy rights and how can you exercise them?
Your rights in brief
You have the right to access your personal information and to amend or delete it (the "right to be forgotten"). You also have the right to object to the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. Additionally, you have the right to request a copy of all your personal information processed by us, insofar as this is technically possible. You also have the right to ask us to transfer your personal information to a third party.
How can you exercise your rights?
To exercise these rights, or if you need more information about them, simply send an e-mail to [email protected]. In order to exercise your right of access and to prevent the unauthorised disclosure of your personal information, we need to verify your identity. In the event of doubt or ambiguity, we will first ask you for additional information (e.g. a copy of your identity card). To protect your privacy, please blank out your passport photo and identity card number (etc.).
Will you have to pay?
You can exercise your privacy rights free of charge unless your request is obviously unfounded or excessive due to its repetitive nature. In this event, we have the right and the choice - in accordance with data protection rules - either to charge a fee (taking account of the administrative costs of providing the information or communication requested) or not to comply with your request.
How will you receive an answer?
If you submit your request electronically, the information will, if possible, be provided to you in electronic form, unless you request otherwise. In any event, we will give you a concise, transparent, comprehensible and easily accessible answer.
When will you receive an answer?
We will answer your request as quickly as possible. We answer all requests within one month of receipt, depending on the complexity of the request, and the number of requests we receive. Requests may be extended for a period of two months. In this event we will inform you within a month of receipt of the request.
Finally, you have the right to bring a complaint to the Belgian Data Protection Authority
. The Belgian Data Protection Authority can be contacted at
Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels.
Tel +32 (0) 2 274 48 00
How long do we store your personal information?
We are not legally permitted to store personal information for longer than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected.
The storage period may vary, depending on the processing activity. A few examples: in general, we store your personal information for a period of 10 years after your last login or transaction with GIP NV.
For marketing purposes, where you have given consent, your contact details will be stored by us for so long as you do not withdraw your consent.
Finally, in order to comply with our accounting and tax obligations, we are subject to various local laws requiring us to store your information for a certain period of time. We have set this storage period at 10 years.
After the expiry of the storage period(s) your personal information will be removed or anonymised.
How can you keep up to date with any amendments to this policy?
GIP NV retains the right to change, adapt, supplement or remove this policy at any time. This may occur, for example, in the event of market developments or new processing activities that we apply. We therefore invite you to check this policy regularly for changes. If you use a website after such a change has been made to this policy, you will be assumed to have accepted that change whether or not you have read the policy.
If you do not accept this policy, please leave the website on which you are consulting it immediately. You may not create a profile or receive direct marketing if you do not accept this policy.
How can you contact us?
If you have any questions, suggestions or concerns about this policy or our use of your information, don’t hesitate to contact us via [email protected].
You can also contact us at
Global International Products NV
Enterprise number: BE 0828 536 782